• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 338 RUM on a Tac-Ord built Rem 700

Dave King

Just feeling around here as I don't need to get rid of this rifle.

It's a 338 RUM on a Rem 700 action, Dakota steel floorplate (Rem 700 style), 27.5 inch Pac-Nor polygonal rifled 1x8 twist fluted barrel, H-S Prec M24 style (non adjustable) stock. NO muzzlebrake on this rifle so it's quiet(er) but a little ornery.

I've been shooting the 300 grain Sierra MatchKing using RL25 and get about 2750 +- fps with that load. It's a good rifle and I've had no problems other than snot flying out of my nose when it recoils.

It's a serious rifle and has significant recoil but is death to anything hit with a well placed round. I've killed 2 moose, one big Alberta whitetail, a large(r) russian boar, Al Fiorille (GroceryMan) killed a rather suprised Texas russian boar with it too (actually it was a sow but she was realllllly ugly and a poor dancer), and it's laid waste to other various animals of little consequence (all one-shot kills).

It'll easily hold MOA as far out as you want and the round is still supersonic at a mile.

I'm not sure of the weight, about 12 pounds or so I'd guess.

I won't be getting rid of the optics or the rings and bases unless the buyer/trader supplies replacement(s).

There are about 300 rounds through the rifle.

I'm about to pick up a new custom 338 Lapua with a 34 inch barrel (no muzzle brake on this either) and can't handle having two big rifles around.

$1,500 USD (rifle only) or trade for something that I'll eventually trade away too.

Wished you would have posted this last night just sent money off for a Colt Ultra Lite in 300 WM. Let me see what I can get for my wife
grin.gif
. I'll get back with you on it.

Just beware the Colt Ultralite rifle is out of production and no spare parts. Only two very minor parts exchange with the Melvin Forbes Ultra Light rifles this project stemmed from. Melvin Forbes has been trying to find the spare parts, but no luck as of March, last time I talked to him. Colt had real problems with some parts, they farmed out parts production to another company and project went under. Colt never bought the spare parts from the company. All parts will have to be "handmade" if any repairs.

Guys, I've shot that rifle and it is a value at the price Dave is considering. The recoil was not bad at all when I shot it from a bipod. Wish I had some cash and more room in the gun safe.

Jim did I put my wife on the auction block for nothing
grin.gif
? If you are going to get it maybe you can let me see it someday.

Tahnks for the heads up on the Colt rifle I'll try to back out of the deal with grace
blush.gif

Still haen't decided anything one way or the other, been really busy.

I'll take a few photos and post them on the internet.

(I'm still waiting for the 338 Lapua too)