338 reamer and headspace gauges

gol1

I am looking to buy a reamer and headspace gauges for the 338 lapua rifle and have a few questions:
1.I saw at midway usa reamer and gauges from a company called PTG and would like t know if somebody has expirience with their products and are they recomended?
2.they have a solid pilot and a Interchangeable Pilot I am shooting only factory specs ammo so I guess i need the solid pilot what do you think?
if you have any more comments I would be more than happy to learn from your experiance

thank you all
merry christmess

Pacific Tool & Gauge reamers are top notch.

I would go with the removable pilot reamer, this is so you can match your bbl measurments. Barrel makers vary on internal diameters. Factory ammo has nothing to do with reamer pilots. These reamers are std spec, unless other wise noted to be match grade.

Dave

PTG

Call Pacific Tool & Gauge and talk with Dave Kiff. IMHO, you will need the removable Pilots for your reamer; I buy mine in .0002" increments. You'll need about five of them, the nominal size, and two up and two down in .0002" increments. You'll also need a range rod to indicate the barrel in with. Order your Reamer with the nominal pilot and the range rod with one of the other five pilots. Dave is GTG and is a big help.

thanks for the advice

I spoke with Mr' kiff from PTG and he recomended a new reamer called Tactical match reamer designed specialy for the 250-300 grain BTHP 338 LM so thats what I orderd
they are very nice and proffesional as always pleasure to work with USA professionals and not like in europe when they even not answear your e-mails

thank you all

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.