338 rcm

novaman64

Was wondering if you guys had any experience with or knowledge on the 338 RCM cartridge?

Right now my only "big game" rifle is a 243. I want a bigger cartridge for long range shooting (hunting from 500-1000 yrds), but also something that's not gonna destroy a bunch of good meat. I would really like to have a short action as thats what my 243 is and I wanted to build 2 rifles that were almost identical so transitioning between the 2 wouldn't feel any different. Some of the cartridges I was considering were 300wsm, 338 federal then I stumbled onto the 338 rcm. Doesnt seem like the 338wsm is popular cartridge though. And Im not sure if the 338 federal would be a good long distance round.

Now if none of the performance of those are good then I am guessing a 338 EDGE on a long action would be the next step...

So right now I ma trying to find any info on the 338rcm, please let me know your guys opinions... Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.