• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

338 Lapua

loghome

I'm looking for a Christian arms 338 Lapua summit. I'm open to recommendations on a 338 Lapua lightweight rifle. I guess Christians stop making the 338 Lapua summit for some reason. Any information would be appreciated thanks.

Look for a sako trg-s m995 338 lapua,
7lb 14oz. Its the hunting version of the trg-42 338 lapua. Get sako quality for little more than a Savage 110. Mounting 34mm scopes require a recknagle rail.

They come up and are an affordable lapua. I think guys are staying away from the powder burners and retumbo/h1000 propellants.

I purchased one last month and just finished building today.

Thanks I'll take a look at that. I have a Christian arms ELR 338 Lapua. But it's a little bit of a club to carry around. With the gun,scope and sling it's around 13 lbs. I would like to stick with the 338 Lapua because I have lots of reloading supplies for it already. Would I be better off having a custom built rifle or a factory built.

Have you thought about taking your CA ELR barreled action and putting it into an ultra lightweight carbon stock? I put my CA 338 BA Tactical in a CA Ridgeline stock and the rifle lost 2 pounds. Stocky Stocks has an ultralight carbon stock you could use. Just a suggestion from what it sounds like you are trying to accomplish… But if you do just want another 338 then by all means…

Look for a sako trg-s m995 338 lapua,
7lb 14oz. Its the hunting version of the trg-42 338 lapua. Get sako quality for little more than a Savage 110. Mounting 34mm scopes require a recknagle rail.

They come up and are an affordable lapua. I think guys are staying away from the powder burners and retumbo/h1000 propellants.

I purchased one last month and just finished building today.
Got any photos of yours? Curious to see what you did.

I just finished piecing together my own 995 with a KRG chassis etc.

Thanks for the info. I thought about a lightweight stock. But it has a detachable magazine also that I don't care for. I was looking at the ct edge does anyone know anything about those. If I have one built it's going to take about a year to get the action. I checked with defiance there 10 months out for the action.

Sorry about that I guy sent me a picture of this rifle and said it was a CT edge. It's made by fierce it's a CT edge 338 Lapua. Does anyone have any information about these rifles. The right around the same price as a Christian arms.

Attachments

• IMG_20220130_173744.jpg
    IMG_20220130_173744.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 22
Yeah I was just up to my neighbors he had a 28 nosler belt. I forget he had a carbon fiber borrow I forgot the name of it anti x action and I forget what stock I think he said it was carbon fiber. It was a very light gun for the size of it.

Recent Posts