>.338 Lapua VS Falcon Menace 4-14X44 FFP

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by PEI Rob, Dec 14, 2008.

1. PEI Rob

PEI Rob Well-Known Member

Just wondering if the 4-14X44 FFP will handle the nasty recoil of a very light weight .338 Lapua. I built one for a bud and he wants to replace his old but perfect 4200 that looks like crap on a "tactical" rifle.

Also, how do you like the reticle size? Is it too small at 4 or too large at 14?

Cheers,
    Rob

2. RockZ

RockZ Well-Known Member

Rob,
    Go over to snipercentral.com.
    They have done alot of work with the Falcon scopes and you will get lots of info.

3. Jon A

Jon A Well-Known Member

You have good choices with these. The enhanced mildot has thick posts and dots that are fast and easy to see even on 4X. I don't find them it too thick on 14X for anything I do, the only problem you might run into is on tiny targets (like p-dogs) at long range, if you want to hold off the dots might cover more than you like.

If that's a concern, the ML-16 reticle has fine lines throughout but it will be harder to see on low power.

As for recoil, I've had mine on my 300 RUM for only a handful of rounds. It did fine but I can't say it's enough rounds to be a real test. The rest of the time it has been on my 7-08.

4. Magnumdude

Magnumdude Well-Known Member

I’d bet after 20~30 rounds on that light-weight .338 Lapua a Falcon scope will sound like a castanet.