338 Lapua Savage

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by fmsniper, Jan 18, 2004.

1. fmsniper

fmsniper Well-Known Member

I have a 300 RUM Savage 116, any Idea were I can get a 338 Lapua barrel for the Savage???

2. Brent

Brent Well-Known Member

Pac-Nor and some others will thread and chamber one for your Savage.

Sharp Shooters Supply may have been the ones that had them already prechambered for the Savage, I still haven't called them to ask. I'm not sure what barrels they use either.

3. kidcoltoutlaw

kidcoltoutlaw Well-Known Member

you can get the info from sierra bullets they used a lot of savages in the new loading book,thanks,keith

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Sharp Shooter Supply uses Douglas barrels and I'm not sure if Fred has that reamer but as with any it could be rented.

Pac-Nor will do it as with any decient gunsmith I would think.

5. reed mosser

reed mosser Well-Known Member

Call kevin Rayhill in nebraska. Hey can chamber a new barrel fo 269.00. He also has reamers for 30-338laupa with 35 degree shoulder. He also makes some nice stocks for savages. If you like savages call kevin
    1-308-432-5114 Thanks Reed

6. eb

eb Active Member

How do you get a bolt face to fit the lapua brass? Does savage make one to fit any of the really big cases ? Ebb

7. reed mosser

reed mosser Well-Known Member

The gun smith will take your bolt face and hone it out. Savage doesn,t make one that big. Thanks Reed