338 Lapua Reloading Data

Larry87

Hello All, I finally was able to take the 110BA out after waiting so long for a scope (1.5yrs). I went with the Vortex Razor HD with 10mil EBR-2B. I got one heck of a deal on it from Scott at Liberty Optics (thanks man the scope is awesome). So I worked up 25rnds of new Lapua brass, CCI LRM primers, Berger 300gr, and Retumbo. First off I started with one at 87gr, 88gr, 10 at 89, 5 at 89.1, 4 at 89.2, 4 at 89.3 to ensure pressure wasn't too much. I dont have a chrono yet but after Christmas I will. No pressure signs at any load. It took two rnds to get zeroed in and then I tried the best I could to get groups (No bipod or rear bag, Christmas as well). Well I was able to manage .362" off a wooden rest that is not secured. I wasn't paying attention what load shot what but I sent three rounds touching each other and keyholed two others. The only problem is the barrel was filthy afterwards. I have H1000 I am going to try in the future as well as 2lbs of VV N570 on the way. Anyone have any loads developed with VV570? Thanks for any help.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.