338 Lapua loaded with 280 grain LRX

barnesuser28

Left to right: 225 grain Speer Deep Curl loaded .015 off the lands, 210 grain Barnes TTSX loaded .100 off the lands, 285 grain Hornady HPBT MATCH loaded .010 into the lands, 280 grain Barnes LRX loaded .100 off the lands.

Attachments

• 576.jpg
    576.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 411
I have also been tinkering with the Barnes 280gn. LRX in my savage 110fcp. I see that you are seating to .100 off the lands. What does this give you for a COAL? The best i've been able to get is 1.25" groups at 200yds. pushed with 82.9gns Retumbo, but think this rifle should do better than that!!

I think I may need to play with the jump to the lands and see if I can find what she likes. Any input would be grately appreciated.

EAAC9A8A-7DD9-49E9-AD82-8EFECE4D1CCF.jpg

Im going try these bullets out this spring on some black bears. I started playing with these today, i didn't shoot my best (haven't shot in couple months) but i believe there is some real potential here.. I just found max load back down some, loaded up some rounds and this what i came up with so far.. Compressed load because the bullet is so long, longer than the berger 300. I have to seat 100 thou off, to fit in my mag.. Going try some retumbo and re33 at a later date. Just though i would add some data to this thread.. Anyone else have any data?? Posted this on another site, havent shot any other powders yet,but my son did take a black bear @348 through both shoulders, very impressed so far 338 EDGE..

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts