338 Lapua load finally worked out!!!

LayinItDown

Looks like I finally got things figured out. Took me over a year and thought maybe I had a lemon at one point. So I wanted to post some load data for helping others.

Shot new loads today. Got a new lot of RL25 to try. Primers are Rem. 9 1/2M. First load is gonna be for hunting. 90.5 grs powder with Sierra 250 Gameking at 2991. Second load is a 250 Scenar with 91 grs powder at 3082.

This new lot of powder has way better velocities. Is that pretty common with RL25? Happy I backed loads way down to start this new data.

I'm shooting a Savage 110 HS Precision. The Sierras did 3/4" group today at 200 yrds and the Scenars were a wopping 1/2" at 200 yrds.

Needless to say I'm happy finally and think I will stop messing with loads.

those are humming! how long is your barrel? i have found the 250 scenars to be extremely accurate too.

Barrel is 26" and 1-9 twist I believe. I thought they were hummin too. My last lot of powder I was shooting 92 grs powder and was happy to get 2850 with the Sierras. I tried 92 grs today with the scenars at around 3130 but the accuracy wasn't there.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.