338 lapua in a model 70 win

dgr416

Will the 338 lapua work in a model 70.I have a 338 wm stainless with a boss .I like this rifle but its not quite powerful enough for what I want to use it for.I dont this the orginal barrel has enough meat in it to convert it to a 338 lapua .I like Kriger barrels but I think they dont make barrels above 27 " or so not sure.WQhat all would be involved.I want to have the best gun for the least money.I swear this gun shoot 1" groups at 200 yards with Remington factorty amm with the boss on it.I am also wondering if you could reuse the boss on a new barrel.The stock sucks its too thin .This is a very light gun for a 338 WM and is not bad to shoot with the boss but without it is a kicker because of that thin barrel and stock.I already have two 338--378s but I think that the 338 lapua is going to be the cartridge to become the favorite long range rifle of the world round.How much would this cost and what barrel would you use.I want a 10 pound rifle not a 20 pounder I cant carry.

This is a newer control round feed.I was just wondering if it would fit in there.I am very suprised Weatherby and Winchester are not jumping on the 338 lapua bandwagon.This caliber is going to skyrocket.I want to see some more afordable brass and guns!!!

Well, it's four years later.

What options are available for 338 Lapua?

What would an inexpensive build run?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.