• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 338 lapua improved sporter barreled action

strictlyRUM

This gun would be Ideal for fire forming brass if you dont like changing barrels or burning the one you have up.

I have a 338 lapua improved that I put together as a low budget carry gun. Carrying is nice shooting it is not! I dont like brakes on my carry guns so there is not one on it now. I can put one on it if one likes. I got the action off a customers gun and it has been blueprinted. By whom I do not know. I put a PTG bolt in it with tig welded handle milled spiral flutes and m16 extractor. the action is Remington blued matte the barrel is shiny stainles 25 inch finished sporter weight 1-10 Lothar Walther. I fire formed 100 brass and shot about 20 225 accubonds with it in a factory stock and factory trigger. It will hold 1 MOA maybe better if someone not quite so weeny is shooting it. With factory stock and HS bottom metal the gun weighs 7lbs. I just want what little money I have into it back out. 550.00 shipped , no stock, trigger, or bolt stop. Just barreled action. I would put a baffle style brake on for 100.00 If you look up some of my past posts you can see what they look like they are made from 17-4 stainless.

Thanks

541-409-6378

Jason Perry

I could ream a set of dies for you for an additional 100.00 but you will be responsible for finding a shop to heat treat them. Or you can have pacific tool and guage make you a set from the reamer print. No work has been done to this action for feeding. The new owner will need to work on that also if not feeding from a mag setup.

Thanks

Last edited:
Name's Roy...

You have a message at the phone number you listed. Please let me know if the barreled action is still available. Either call the number I left, PM me here, or email at grandpanet5ATyahooDOTcom

Look forward to talking. Anyone that would build a rifle like this is someone I want to know. :rolleyes: