• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 338 Lapua Brass

JRJ448

106 rounds of unfired 338 Lapua brass, this brass has no head stamp. There are plenty of opinions of where it came from, or who made it, online if you search 338 Lapua brass with no head stamp, but I have no idea who made it.
$250 shipped in the box
$240 shipped in a bag

IMG_0801.jpeg

IMG_0800.jpeg
IMG_0799.jpeg

Last edited:
107 rounds of unfired 338 Lapua brass, this brass has no head stamp. There are plenty of opinions of where it came from, or who made it, online if you search 338 Lapua brass with no head stamp, but I have no idea who made it.
$280 shipped in the box
$270 shipped in a bag

View attachment 568187
View attachment 568188View attachment 568189
I would like to buy if knew what they are.
Need a Better picture of the headstamp.
Where did you get it???
There is NEW LAPUA .338LM brass for sale -POSTED for your price.
You could sell it faster if you have detailed pics of the head and primer pocket and were these ever annealed.
Could have been made as a Millarty run from the Nammmu Group that makes Lapua.

Where did you get it???
You could sell it faster if you have detailed pics of the head and primer pocket and were these ever annealed.
IMG_0804.jpeg

IMG_0802.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0803.jpeg
    IMG_0803.jpeg
    324.2 KB · Views: 21
Where did you get it???
Added a few more pictures, unfortunately there is still no head stamp…
I got it from another guy that didn't know anything about it.
If my price is out of line, feel free to make me an offer.
Never annealed as far as I can tell.

in 1983, Research Armament Industries (RAI) in the United States began development of a new, long-range sniper cartridge capable of firing a 16.2-gram (250 gr), 0.338-inch (8.6 mm) diameter bullet at 914 meters per second (3,000 ft/s), that could lethally penetrate five layers of military body armor at 1,000 m (1,094 yd). After preliminary experiments, they came up with a .416 Rigby that was necked down to a .338.
Now Lapua went to design the "BRASS" for this Cartridge. Lapua opted to redesign the .338/416 cartridge. In the new case design, particular attention was directed toward thickening and metallurgically strengthening the case's web and sidewall immediately forward of the web.
The BRASS that you have may be from the first production of the .338LM. At that time since it was to be specifically used as a "Sniper Cartridge" they did not put markings on the "Head Stamp". There were about 250,000 Cases made at that time.
You don't see Brass without any markings.

Cartridge/Case Head Stamp Guide

Really interested in:
Question to you is - How did you know it was .338LM Brass, where did you get this brass from, how long have you had it and have you ever checked it (compared) to other .338LM brass "Brands/manufactures" as far as the weight, wall thickness, neck thickness.
We have gauges to check out the brass diameter-thickness. If you have a NECO Concentricity Gauge you can check for yourself and a good weight scale. Then compare to a Lapua and other manufactured cases.
As far as pricing, that is your decision. I know what I can pay for new .338LM Brass.