338 lapua body die

Does anyone have any experience with a reading body die for 338 lapua.
Im having to bump the shoulder back so far to size the base witch is causing poor brass life. I would like to try one but it would be a $50 experiment.

Get the Redding body die. No experiment required. That and a bushing neck sizer will get it all done for you. Broz has the whole system down, and is a great source of information.

--md

Get the Redding body die. No experiment required. That and a bushing neck sizer will get it all done for you. Broz has the whole system down, and is a great source of information.

--md

If the body die bumps the shoulder Im not sure it will fix my problem, unless my forester dies are max. dimension

If the body die bumps the shoulder Im not sure it will fix my problem, unless my forester dies are max. dimension

Can't say about that as I didn't use the forester. All I know is I was able to get brass to chamber perfectly every time with consistent results and accuracy was great holding 1/2 moa to 1400 plus yards. This was at a max charge weight and always with 300 gr bullets.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.