338 Lapua and Ramshot Magnum

AWB

I am shorlty to start reloading for my 338 Lapua soon, and intend to try the Ramshot Magnum (formerly big boy) which goes well in my 300 Win Mag.

What would you assume would be the maximum charge weights behind say a 250grn bullet, and a 300 grn SMK?

Ramshot it seems have not done much reseach in this caliber, (although they are to do so shortly -I am advised by email) but I wondered if any of you out there have already used this powder, and what your experiences have been??

regards

AWB

Do I take it guys that none of you have used Ramshot Magnum in this caliber and have no information to give? I must admit that I have found information on loading for this caliber rather limited, especially using Ramshot powder.

If none of you have any experience on Ramshot powders, what are my alternatives?? H1000, R22 perhaps?? I look forward to your replies.

AWB

I have been using H1000 and RL25 in my inpruved case both would be exellent in the 338 lapua
Crow Mag

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.