338 lapua and 338 edge ammo cost in Australia

Thanks for the research…
I wish I had MORE gold coins $$$$ to build a 338 Lapua.
I don't mind paying $$ 6000 for the Rifle and optics. But when I have to pay 3.50 ++ for each time I squiz the triggerL.. maybe one day. I think I'll start off with a 300 win in APRS.
I'm paying $1.70 P/R in me 270 win, with a Hornedy SST 150 gr gun)

Schwandog why would you go for that calibre, when the 300WM is the perfect cartridge for Sambur I have shot 5 of these beautiful deer, one a stag of 27 inches, all but one was not poleaxed all shot with a 300WM all one shot kills and never moved from where they where shot. I used a hot load, cannot remember the load as was about 20 years ago but I used 200 grain soft point projectile which mushroomed perfectly. Also I had the pleasure of being beside a friend of mine shooting a stag with 300 WM using the same loads as mine and the deer never moved from where it was shot, just buckled at the knees and that was it.
I guess what i'am trying to say is stick with the 300WM and you will not go wrong, and I am still hunting Sambur at 66 years old with 2 knee recos and still using my Model 30 Win Calibre 300WM.
Keep safe and enjoy the bush you hunt in!
Robyh

Schwandog why would you go for that calibre, when the 300WM is the perfect cartridge for Sambur I have shot 5 of these beautiful deer, one a stag of 27 inches, all but one was not poleaxed all shot with a 300WM all one shot kills and never moved from where they where shot. I used a hot load, cannot remember the load as was about 20 years ago but I used 200 grain soft point projectile which mushroomed perfectly. Also I had the pleasure of being beside a friend of mine shooting a stag with 300 WM using the same loads as mine and the deer never moved from where it was shot, just buckled at the knees and that was it.
I guess what i'am trying to say is stick with the 300WM and you will not go wrong, and I am still hunting Sambur at 66 years old with 2 knee recos and still using my Model 30 Win Calibre 300WM.
Keep safe and enjoy the bush you hunt in!
Robyh

yes the 300 is an excellent round in fact I nearly went that way but went the 7mm rem mag in steed im using the 168gr Berger's at 3000fps and they work grate, its cheep to run and shoots high BC bullets

still working on loading but its shooting good, luck I didn't go the 338 lap

here is a vid of the 7mm RM working at its best.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFcpqsO0cZY]Sambar stag 610 yard shot 7mm rem mag - YouTube[/ame]

sounds like you have taken a few good ones to :)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.