338 Kahn vs 338 Lapua mag IMP

Fifty,

The base on the rifle in the pic, is it a BAT base ? What do you think of using a 30 moa base as opposed to 20 base 20 rings . I say this because it willl be only on an annual basis for a few days that i will get to shoot past 1500. So, most of my shooting will be 1 to 1.5k. Scope will probably be Leupold Mk 4 8.5 x25 . Perhaps the 20 moa will be sufficient .

You have mentioned a hv8 taper as your preference at 30", but that you thought longer would require a vblock. Is this still the case with a 8.5" BAT action ?

The other thing I am trying to decide is what brake? I would prefer performance over pretty .

Thanks for your time , may your celebration of the birth of the Saviour be filled with joy!
Jim Brown

jimm

The Nesika M will work as well and if you watch for bargains you can get it at about the same price. I bought mine from a guy on this forum for $1100, then you have to add firearms transfer fee.

I did not ask how he came by the action but did note that he lives in the same town as the Nesika is made. I was very nervous of that much money over the internet but he turned out to be honest- thank goodness. If you get intersted in the Nesika you can email me and I will give you his email and you can see if he can get you one. Or you can just search back into the middle of September under the buy and sale part of the forum and find the transaction.

I ran several different internet searches on him and he is a real pereson so you can always find his house and go "visit" him if things go wrong.

I delibrately got a single shot. At the ranges we are talking about you are not going to be racking the bolt in any hurry so you might as well just baby the next round into the chamber.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Jim,

Thanks a bunch for the info. I too will be going single shot as you are spot on re: the cycle time at distance . If you miss /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif they just stand there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Not that it has happened to me before( we need a graemlin for " liar " ).

I really don't have any hands on with either the BAT or the Nesika Bay . Please shed what light you can on these if you get a chance and feel like it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Light ...........a marvelous thing , it brings life , it is the energy that feeds all the processes at work on this ball , and without it .........we perish. Jesus is described as the " Lord of light " in some places in the word.

Marvelous !! May he shine in your life ,
A merry and joyful Christmas to you and yours Jim,

Jim Brown

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.