338 edge

trapperluke

I finished my new toy, Savage 110 action, 30" Mcgowen fluted barrel, manners stock, cdi bottom metal, all metal cerakoted black, and the stock is olive green with white and black webbing. DSC00672.jpg
Got it out to the range today, this is with 92.0 gr h-1000 touching the lands.DSC00677.jpg

Looks great! I am doing almost the same build, except mine is going to have a Brux barrel on it and a single shot. How long can you load them to with your mag? And what is the weight with or without the scope???

Thanks Mike

Can you tell me what Savage action that is built on, and is there anything different that needs to be done to build a 338 EDGE on a Savage action?
By the way, nice looking rig

Its a savage 111 action, if you make a single shot you don't have to do any modifications. If you want to make a repeater there is some modification to the action,the magizine box and the stock.

I guess that was the reason for my question, as I see you are running DBM on it. Can you elaborate on the modifications necessary?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.