• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 338 edge

nddodd

Hey guys this is a gun i had just purchased about 2 weeks ago from a gentleman on this forum
the pics you are going to see were the ones he sent me, i promise it looks the same now as it does is the pics. I can take some new ones if i must, it was just easier to download these.
Reason for selling honestly it just kicks to much for me, i guess i am a wus, he told me win i bought it that it kicked pretty good guess im not as tough as i thought. I do alot of bench and prone shooting and this is going to hurt a little more than i expected.
Thanks guys.
Nathan

I will let the dies go with it they are 338 ultra rcbs neck, full length sizer, and seater.

Rem 700, Trued and Teflon Coated
Sako Extractor
Jewell Trigger
Hart Barrel, Sendero Contour, 10 twist, Fluted. 170 round count.
Vias Brake
Chambered by Hart
HS Precision Stock, BDL, Pillar Bedded

Less scope, rings, base $1850.00

shipped and ins. to your FFL

1234824594.jpg

1234824595.jpg

1234824597.jpg

1234824598.jpg

Thats nice, how many rounds did you shoot out of it.
what is the length of the barrel.
Thanks
Mike

The barrel is 28 in. not counting the break. I shot 15 rounds in the gun it shot really well at 100 yards thats as far as i shot it. Started with 95 grains of H-1000 and a 250 gr Hornady hpbt and worked up to 97 gr. it shot a 3 shot .345 middle to middle group. The velocity was a average of 3060fps. 3050 was the low and 3070 was the high.

Thanks
Nathan

Have you thought about keeping it and putting on a different brake?

I believe that rifle would benefit from a nice baffle brake for DE, APS, or Straightshot.

I also believe that I have a rifle that has sat on the same green cloth with the same antler through the trigger guard.:D

Yes sir you probably have, it was being sold by Joel Russo for one of his friends on this forum. I would like to add that the gentleman i bought this from and Joel are both class acts i really enjoyed talking to them.

Thanks
Nathan

ditto what geargrinder said.

I'm shooting a RUM w/300s #2700 +, about 150 fps slower than the Edge. Mine has a DE brake. I'm super confident that going to 250 gr and 3000+ wouldn't be a problem shooting prone.

My 110 LB grand son shoots mine full tilt and does very well.

Just my thoughts.

+1 the DE brake. My 338Edge with the DE recoils about like a .243 Win. It weighs 13lbs, but recoil is nothing (shooting 300gr SMK's at nearly 2800fps).

AJ

Another +1 on the DE brake. I had one installed on a 7 REM Mag (Sendero weight) and shooting a 168 Berger at 3035 fps recoils less than my 15 Lb 260 REM shooting a 123 at 2930 fps. IMHO baffle brakes are the way to go for the big boys.

i didn't expect to see this rifle back here, at least not so soon. Actually I was expect to hear bout some great groups being shot at 1000 yds. This is a surprise.
I hunt with a 338 RUM, now there is not that much difference between it and this Edge. I''ve had a fair amount of success with my RUM, actually enjoy shooting it-alot. Last fall I spotted my own it on the mulie I took.
Currently I'm shooting several 375s, a 340 Wby, 30-378 Wby plus some others --- I enjoy shooting, not real good at it but I enjoy it. gun)
Now lets get back to this Edge, its to much for me--I admitted that to myself and Nathan. I use to dread walkin' by the gun safe just knowing it was lurking in there. Every once in awhile I'd get it out thinking it really can't be that bad--that bad boy useta bring tears to my eyes.
Of course there is always the possibility that both Nathan and I are both a couple of pansies and a real man is needed to step forward and buy this thing.lightbulb

Candy *** in Dogpatch :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hey Phil hows it goin i love the rifle it shoots good too, but i also love shooting and i havent got the money to own multiple rifles like this one so ive got to either get alot tougher or move on to something with a little less recoil. In my opinion it would be a hell of a hunting rifle cuz its so light but as far as just enjoying shooting it off a bench, like you said Phil i am probably just a little to soft.

Thanks Guys
Nathan

If something happens and it does not sale i will probably take lightvarmits advice and have it rebarreled to a 300um. I just hate to take a chance on a different break and be out the money and it still kick to hard for me to enjoy shooting it.

Nathan.

My Edge has one of Kirby's brakes and the recoil is about like a .260 or so. I have shot over 20 shots prone and didn't blink an eye as far as recoil goes. Running 300smk at around 2850fps.