338 Edge Sendero Contour ? Would You Change Contours?

Gettn2

Just curious as to if those of you who have build an Edge on a 30" Sendero contour and with the Barrel being approx .850 at 26".

Would you go any heavier? Are you satisfied with Accuracy?

I LOVE mine. 30" HART plus DE brake sendero contour. For me a perfect balance of being almost go anywhere and heavy enough to make 1000 plus shots reguarly. My rig is what Shawn now calls a Light Canyon rifle I think. As far as accuracy goes most people who have seen this gun shoot say they have not seen anything to compare anywhere in Aust ! Sub 4" groups at over the 1000 yard mark with regularity. Sub half minute at 1000 yards. I'll take that and run !

PS It kills well too !!

DUH

I LOVE mine. 30" HART plus DE brake sendero contour. For me a perfect balance of being almost go anywhere and heavy enough to make 1000 plus shots reguarly. My rig is what Shawn now calls a Light Canyon rifle I think. As far as accuracy goes most people who have seen this gun shoot say they have not seen anything to compare anywhere in Aust ! Sub 4" groups at over the 1000 yard mark with regularity. Sub half minute at 1000 yards. I'll take that and run !

PS It kills well too !!

DUH

DUH, what twist is your barrel? Are you mainly shooting the 300SMK's??
Also, with the DE brake, what would you compare the recoil to?

Cheers!

Last edited:
DUH, what twist is your barrel? Are you mainly shooting the 300SMK's??
Also, with the DE brake, what would you compare the recoil to?

Cheers!

It is 1.10 and shooting the 300 SMK. The brake is extremely effective and the gun kicks like a 30.06 ! It does not trow dust up from directly under the barrel as there are no ports on the bottom side, just side gills.

Very pleased with the choice for the wide styles of hunting I do.

DUH

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.