338 Edge OAL

115vld

Guys,
I ordered a 338 Edge from Shawn yesterday and had some questions. Since it is Tuesday he is closed so maybe one of you can tell me.
My set up is like this.

Rem 700 LH
McMillan A5
30" Hart (may switch to Lilja) straight taper .975 @muzzle
Detachable box mag
40MOA NF base

What is the OAL with a 300gr SMK?
How Long are the box mags? (internally)
If any of you have something similar does it feed ok?

Chase

I have a new 338 Edge from Shawn:
Rem 700 SS action
Hart 30" barrel
Jewell trigger
DE Brake
DE recoil lug
DE cheekpiece
DE bolt release
HS Precision stock (tactical)
Wyatt's box mag
NF 40 moa tapered base
NF lw rings
NXS 5-5-22x50, NP-R1

Shawn's recommended recipe for the 300 SMK's calls for a COL of 3.785". No feeding problems at all with my rig. I have only put 60 rounds through it so far, but what a sweet shooter!

The only problem has been getting brass and SMK's.

How Long are the box mags? (internally)
If any of you have something similar does it feed ok?

Chase

The box lenght depends on which one you are useing. I have a 338 Laupa with a detachable box and I can load to 3.93 if memory serves.

I run mine at 3.775 for the smk and 3.950 for the 265 AL tipped 265 wildcat. I have the centre feed wyatt and feeds both lengths fine. I would recommend you get the wyatt ext to keep every possible option open to you. I have the 30 " Hart and can speak very highly indeed.

DUH

Well I was planning on having the detachable box mag. Shawn said it was a little over 3.9" so it sounds like it should be ok. Man I cant wait til Feb!! About the brass and bullets, Shawn was saying you can neck down 375 RUM brass. He did say you might want to do a little neck turning though.

Chase

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.