338 edge compressed load

nddodd

Hey guys i was reloading today and i was trying to mimic Shawns load he has on his website it was 92 gr of H-1000 and a 300gr smk. I set the oal at 3.785 and noticed that when i tried to shake the case up and down just to hear the powder that i didnt hear anything, is this load compressed in everyone else's or just mine.

Thanks guys
Nathan

Nathan,

As the other guys on here have already stated, you load is fine. I loaded 92, 92.5, and 93g of H-1000 in mine and couldn't hear a shake in any of them.

Also, as a side note, it is scary how accurate and "un-finicky" this powder is for the 300g SMK load. As mentioned I loaded the above three charges and separated them in my ammo box. I went to the range with a buddy of mine and I told them to be careful when pulling rounds out of the box to shoot because there are different loads in there.

Well, he didn't pay attention and I wasn't watching him because we were chronographing the loads. After he fired about 7 rounds downrange into a decent group for someone that hadn't shot this rifle. Then, I noticed he had fired from the 92g and 92.5g rounds. The chrony showed as ES of 24. Now that might be a touch high for some until you realize that was two different powder charges. :D

TXLR

Thanks guys i appreciate everything i was just kinda worried about it, but yall have eased my mind now thanks. Gun should be here monday.

Nathan

92 gr. works in mine.
Guns984.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.