338 edge compressed load

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by nddodd, Mar 6, 2009.

1. nddodd

nddodd Well-Known Member

Hey guys i was reloading today and i was trying to mimic Shawns load he has on his website it was 92 gr of H-1000 and a 300gr smk. I set the oal at 3.785 and noticed that when i tried to shake the case up and down just to hear the powder that i didnt hear anything, is this load compressed in everyone else's or just mine.

Thanks guys
    Nathan

2. trueblue

trueblue Well-Known Member

nddodd,
    Was not a compressed load in mine, just good case capacity.

3. AJ Peacock

AJ Peacock Well-Known Member

Not compressed in mine.

AJ

4. Shawn Carlock

Shawn Carlock Sponsor

It should be 97-98% probably not enough room to here it move.

5. remingtonman_25_06

remingtonman_25_06 Well-Known Member

Its really close. Thats the same load I use in mine, except my OAL is 3.780".

It should be fine though.

6. txlongrange

txlongrange Well-Known Member

Nathan,

As the other guys on here have already stated, you load is fine. I loaded 92, 92.5, and 93g of H-1000 in mine and couldn't hear a shake in any of them.

Also, as a side note, it is scary how accurate and "un-finicky" this powder is for the 300g SMK load. As mentioned I loaded the above three charges and separated them in my ammo box. I went to the range with a buddy of mine and I told them to be careful when pulling rounds out of the box to shoot because there are different loads in there.

Well, he didn't pay attention and I wasn't watching him because we were chronographing the loads. After he fired about 7 rounds downrange into a decent group for someone that hadn't shot this rifle. Then, I noticed he had fired from the 92g and 92.5g rounds. The chrony showed as ES of 24. Now that might be a touch high for some until you realize that was two different powder charges. :D

TXLR

7. nddodd

nddodd Well-Known Member

Thanks guys i appreciate everything i was just kinda worried about it, but yall have eased my mind now thanks. Gun should be here monday.

Nathan

8. phorwath

phorwath Well-Known Member

96 is compressed. I think 95 is slightly compressed also.

9. VSSF

VSSF Well-Known Member

92 gr. works in mine.
    [​IMG]