.338 Edge build help

thesheepdog

Hello, I am new here, but I am not a new shooter.

I am working on obtaining components for a .338 Edge Repeater build.

From what I've gathered, a Rem 700 will work for this load. What kind of work is necessary so the action can remain a repeater? Does this involve opening up the receiver and stock inlet?

Also, if you have any other recommendations for me as to what are the best modifications for this rifle/caliber, please let me know.

I appreciate the responses.

thanks

You can use a Wyatt's CFE-9 box. The receiver and stock will have to be altered to fit. This box will hold a cartridge with an oal of nearly 4". You can use the Wyatt's follower for center feed or lengthen a Remington follower for staggered feed. The lips on the top of the box will have to be bent depending on which follower is used. They function fine. I would also recommend having an M-16 extractor installed. If you have any questions, you can give me a call at 478-957-5213 . Gary Campbell

there are no bad questions, and your helping yourself by asking,there are Many Fantastic Gunsmiths that frequent this forum site.

take some more time and read all you can then look them up a send them e-mails asking more questions, heck you can call most of them, yes they are busy

but thats part of their business also. they say like minds think alike, find your g-smith he's here if you so choose!!!

best of luck on your build,regards jjmp

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts