338 EDGE Brass. Nosler or Remmy?

Idaho Sawyer

Got an EDGE build on the way and I would like to start prepping brass. I have used Nosler brass in the past and had very good luck with but it seems that a lot of guys are using Remmy brass. Which one is your favorite and why? Has anyone weighed the two or done some type of case capacity test? thanks, Brent

I have used both, and I have both an edge and a 300rum. Guys talk about how the Nosler brass is soft, but I get several loadings from them. I don't try and push the book max in the 300, as my accuracy load is a half grain under book max (200gr accubond). I normally try for a load with the smallest vertical spread not just the highest velocity. Now I stick to Rem brass in my 300 and Nosler in my edge.

I weighed cases for consistency but I did not check Nosler vs Rem. The Noslers were all within a half grain per box of 50 (I have 3 boxes, likely enough to wear out the barrel with). The remingtons went up to 2 grains difference.

In Nosler brass I have pushed the berger hybrid with loads from 90-95gr of H-1000 with no primer pocket issues, however I ran into the bullet slump issue at 94.5gr. I run 92gr of H-1000 behind the hybrid and have 5 loadings on one set of brass.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.