338 EDGE Barrel Length

SidTheKidd

Ok, fellas. I am gonna use the 1:9.5 twist barrel and mainly shoot 300 gr Hybrids. Now I need a little help on the length of the barrel. I am going to put the 4 port muscle brake on it and either a 28 or 30 inch barrel with a Sendero contour ending around .800 at the muzzle.

What to do?

Thanks,
Sid

I am very happy with my 28 inch barrel on my current edge. My last had a 30 inch plus brake. My 28 inch barrel now is actually faster than the 30 and easier to find cases for etc.I don't think a 30 is needed with the edge.I am running 300's at 2880 with the 28.

My 1st edge was a 30" and my current one is a 28". I honestly feel I didn't give up anything in the performance dept.

and 2" makes it handle so much better.

I am very happy with my 28 inch barrel on my current edge. My last had a 30 inch plus brake. My 28 inch barrel now is actually faster than the 30 and easier to find cases for etc.I don't think a 30 is needed with the edge.I am running 300's at 2880 with the 28.

Yeah, I think I am going to do a 28".

For your short gun case problem, you should check out shoot-long.com. He has some of the nicest soft cases I have found to date. They fit up to a 32" plus a muzzle brake. They are balanced well when the rifle is in the case also. Oh yeah and you can leave your bi-pod on in them too!

They are a sponsor on this site. Brian is a good guy to deal with too.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.