338 Edge and Long Range Gear

oneshot976

I was playing with my new camera and took a couple of shots of my Edge and LR gear and thought I would share them with you.

338 EDGE:
*Remington 700 action trued, lapped ect...
*Tubb Heavy Recoil Lug
*Hart 338 1-10 twist 30" Radial Fluted, 11 Degree Crown with DE Muzzle Break
*DE Bolt Knob
*Badger Ordnance Floor Plate with Wyatts mag box
*Pillar bedded into McMillan A-5 (this is the only change that I have made to this rifle since Shawn built it, started life in a McMillan HTG stock with adj cheek. I really like the feel of the A-5)
*8.5x25x50 Illuminated Mil-Dot Long Range Mark 4 Leupold. Nightforce Rings and Nightforce 20 moa base.

GEAR:
*Eagle Industries Drag Bag/Shooting Mat
*Eberlestock Gunslinger pack
*Palm with Exbal
*Kestrel 4000
*Swarovski LFR
*Swarovski 10x50 slc's
*Muffs

I need a new rear bag, has anyone tried Redmans rear bag that is available from TriadTactical.com?

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

Shawn, I am finally getting out this weekend to shoot the Edge at the ranges you built it for, Like I said when we spoke it has been too long!!!

Counting the days till Rifle Season to opens!! (54 days)

Thanks,
Oneshot

54 Days ???? Dude you need to move to Idaho. Rifle season opens in 15 days and runs until Dec 3rd. I like the stock looks good with the black contrast. Let me know how it shoots at long range instead of that 800-1000 yards short range crap you have been limited to. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Hope all goes well and good luck this season.

One shot, I like that rifle strape, who makes it and where could I get one. By the way, your rifle looks awesome too!!! Have fun shooting her, let us know how she shoots, I am guessing, really really really good!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wildcat

Shawn,
Your right I do need to move to a state with longer hunting seasons. Do you need anyone to sweep your shop?LOL I will try to reach out a little this weekend that 800 to 1000 yard stuff is pretty weak. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wildcat,
The sling is hand made by a guy in N. Kentucky. I will try to get his name for you. I bought a few from him a couple of years ago.

Oneshot

Hi shawn i do like the radial fluting you do or have done how does it effect stifness ? it does look great i i think it would make the most diference in cooling than any other design

Cheers Bill
Australia

Thanks for the kind word Sniper2 and DucksinAlaska Shawn does so fine work, very fine work. I would recommend the Edge to anyone that wants to get into long range hunting. Shawn's customer service is second to none in my humble opinion.

Oneshot

Very nice oneshot! I've got the same Eberlestock pack and really like it. Carries my Edge really well.

Your pictures makes me want to go out and shoot my Edge.

Bill,

Radial fluting will make the barrel less stiff but as long as the minimum diameter of the flutes is reasonabley stiff you are good to go. Radial fluting does in fact work much better at heat dispertion then standard linial fluting. There is some theory that the "fins" also dampen the barrel vibrations, but I believe that to be theory that is as of yet unproven.

Steelhead,
I really like the Eberlestock as well to me it is very comfortable. I saw the pictures of your Edge as well and it is a sweet looking rifle. I really like the snakeskin look very nice touch!

Oneshot

Thanks oneshot! I'm really enjoying my EDGE. Shawn did a great job on the paint. It looks even better in person than it does in the pictures.

I like the radial fluting on your rifle. I thought about having that done to my rifle, but went with the traditional fluting at the last minute. I'm not sure why I changed my mind at the last minute, but I'm still happy with the decision I made.

Devin

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.