338 EDGE and H1000

Brambles

I see H1000 is the powder of choice for the 300 gr bullets, will it work well with the 250's as well?

Haven't narrowed down an exact bullet as the rifle is still being built but I'm getting ready cause its not gonna be long before its done. Probably try the 300 gr OTM first but wanna dabble with the 250's eventually.

I'm gonna buy 8lbs of H1000 and am hoping all my bases are gonna be covered if it turns out that the 250's shoot better?

Thanks

B

I started out using 250 smk in my edge, while waiting for 300 grainers. rem brass, cci primer, h1000 powder. Tried six different powder charges and two different seating depths. Every combination I tried was .5" or less. H1000 will definitely sling 250 grainers just fine.

I started out using 250 smk in my edge, while waiting for 300 grainers. rem brass, cci primer, h1000 powder. Tried six different powder charges and two different seating depths. Every combination I tried was .5" or less. H1000 will definitely sling 250 grainers just fine.

Sweet, I just ordered 8lbs so I'm gonna be good to go.

Now bullet selection!!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.