338 Barrels

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Chawlston, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Chawlston

Chawlston Guest

Hello all,

I am getting ready to order a few .338 barrels for some long-range custom projects and was wandering based on recent history (ie last six months) who is making the best quality .338 barrels at this time. I realize that different heats/batches of steel can influence the answers and hence the reason for the six month time frame. Interested in all first hand input and recomendations. Thanks in advance for your time in responding.

Additionally, if you want to keep your answers off-line, just send a PM or a messege the email address I have on file here.

James

2. screech

screech Well-Known Member

Im getting a lilja in a couple weeks and the gun should be done for the end of january. Tell you how it shoots then.

3. davewilson

davewilson Well-Known Member

i like Rock Creek!

4. Black Diamond 408

Black Diamond 408 Well-Known Member

Mike Rock, Barney Lawton, Lilja, Hart...to name a few. The first two on my list i have done extensive tests with, both are top notch!

Dave

5. Fiftydriver

Fiftydriver <strong>Official LRH Sponsor</strong>

I would agree, take your pick of the top end barrel makers, Rock, Lilja, Lawton, Broughton, Hart, etc.

If you go with one of these barrels from any of these makers, the machining on the rifle will determine the accuracy and consistancy of the finished rifle far more then comparing barrel brand to barrel brand.

The rifle assembly is by far the most critical aspect to getting a finished rifle that is accurate and consistant at long range.

Pick from this list and you will be safe with barrel quality.

Kirby Allen(50)

6. Andy D

Andy D Member

check out Bartlein Barrels, I'm having a 338 built with one.
    So far impressed with what I've heard.