.338 AM AKA Grim Reaper Meets Rosie

joecool

Not a super long shot just 513 yards and not a super big bull just a spike the 300 grain SMK entered right behind the left front shoulder hit a rib not much meat damage at all tell it took out three ribs on the right side and into the shoulder without hitting the bone lots of blood shot meat on that side, it died on the spot.

Didn't get any pics except for the head and bullet had some camera problems as it didn't get put on the charger will post them later

Kirby it looks like for me to get a longer shot than 500 and change yards with the .338 AM I might have to drive away from them!!!

Last edited:
Ok just got some time to finish this post here is the pics of the head all the pics I have of the elk as my camera died do to the kids 18th birthday party. The bullets made contact on the elk at 513 yards retaining 2726 fps and 4948 ft-lb a lot to ask of a bullet the 300 SMK ended up weighing 115.9 grains.

1002826vq0.jpg

1002865hh3.jpg

1002866bz9.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.