338-416 rigby

screech

How much work would it be to get 416 rigby necked down to 338. I have never dealt with anything that is a true wildcat. It is something that I want to be able to do. How hard are dies to get and how hard is it to make the brass? what are the steps? what kinda of special equipment do i need? Any help would be helpfull. thanks.

Hi it would be fairly simple you would have to do it in 2 stages probably take it to 375 then to 338 the dies are easaly available from Redding with interchangable Bushings for the neck this will help with the forming.

What action do you want to use?

I would look at an ultra mag case if using a Rem as they are better suited in my opinion.

Cheers Bill
Australia

Go with the 338-378 or 338 Kahn. Same exact performance level but no neck forming needed at all. Brass is actually a bit cheaper for the Wby then the Rigby cases and there is no risk of case lose when neck sizing.

If the three the 338 Kahn has the largest case volume but they are all very similiar. Redding makes dies for the 338 Kahn as well. They have had them in stock the last several I have ordered from them.

Kirby Allen(50)

I was liking the idea of no belt. I'll probably go with the 338-378 improved though. looks easier for about the same performance. thanks kirby

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.