338/378 weatherby- What is the right barrel length ??

Down Under Hunter

Just interested to know what would the optimum barrel length be for the 338/378 ? I'm really keen on the AM or snipe tac, so this would be plan B ?? What are everyones thoughts. Could you load the 300 SMK in the factory weatherby action and have enough room in the mag for this big bullet. Does anyone know if weatherby custom shop ships them with barrel length of choice ?

Many thanks all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Screech,

How did you set up your boomer. What action , stock , barrel contour, twist rate etc ? What velocity and accuracy does it give you ?

Thanks mate ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ps Got any pics ??

I had a 30-378 made out of weatherby custom shop a few years back with a 34" SS fluted Krieger barrel. with a 1/10 twist. I clocked the 180 TSX factorys @ 3600 fps and the 165 ballistic tips @ 3800 fps.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.