.338 300gr bullets?

bullfrog

I'm having a 338 edge rifle being built right now. The wait is driving me nuts. In the meantime I want to get all the components ready when she's done. I will be using this rifle for deer/elk out to about 1000yd and target shooting out to 1 mile just to see what she'll do. I have already ordered the 300 grain Sierra and Berger bullets. Are there any other bullets I should be trying and why?

Have a look at GS custom bullets as well. they're more $$ but if you got the coin and wanna try 'em I hear that they are excellent.

Rocky Mtn Bullets makes some high BC .338 bullets from 225gr thru 325gr. I've never seen one or heard of anyone shooting them but they look cool as hell on their web site. Kinda pricey though.

You mentioned you will be Target shooting to. So I am guessing you will use a few of them up. On that note I would go with the SMK or the Berger. I have heard many times custom bullets are pricy and hard to get. I have shot both the SMK & Bergers in my 338 LM to past a mile. You will be fine with them once you see which one your rifle likes best.

Jeff gun)gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts