.338 300gn. Berger loads

TAP

Did some searching here and didn't come up with what I was looking for, so here goes. Want to try out the new Bergers and was wondering how much different the loads were on the average from the SMK's. I am running 90.5 grns of H-1000, just wondering were a good place to start at. Also, how much shorter are you seating them compared to the SMK's. To fit them in the mag, I am having to seat them about .180" deeper.

I shot the 300 SMK at .062" off the lands and the Bergers shot there too. But they seemed to have a bit better ES in closer. They will fit in my mag box but hang up going in so I need some work on the mag box lips to lift them sooner. So I am shooting them single shot, which is the way I usually hunt with the rifle anyway. I am 1 gr under where I shot the SMK with H-1000.

Jeff

I run 91.5gr H-1000 behind the Hybrid in Nosler brass in my edge AI. I shoot my rifle single shot with them, so I load them 0.010" off the lands for a COAL of 3.965". I found at 93gr I had intermittent nose slump and at 94gr groups dropped about 4" on the target and went to MOA (at 300yards).

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts