.338 300gn. Berger loads

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by TAP, Sep 6, 2010.

1. TAP

TAP Well-Known Member

Did some searching here and didn't come up with what I was looking for, so here goes. Want to try out the new Bergers and was wondering how much different the loads were on the average from the SMK's. I am running 90.5 grns of H-1000, just wondering were a good place to start at. Also, how much shorter are you seating them compared to the SMK's. To fit them in the mag, I am having to seat them about .180" deeper.

2. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

I shot the 300 SMK at .062" off the lands and the Bergers shot there too. But they seemed to have a bit better ES in closer. They will fit in my mag box but hang up going in so I need some work on the mag box lips to lift them sooner. So I am shooting them single shot, which is the way I usually hunt with the rifle anyway. I am 1 gr under where I shot the SMK with H-1000.

Jeff

3. TAP

TAP Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info.

4. LongBomber

LongBomber Well-Known Member

I run 91.5gr H-1000 behind the Hybrid in Nosler brass in my edge AI. I shoot my rifle single shot with them, so I load them 0.010" off the lands for a COAL of 3.965". I found at 93gr I had intermittent nose slump and at 94gr groups dropped about 4" on the target and went to MOA (at 300yards).