338/300 RUM Bullpup - Posted for Dave Wilson

You da man Joel! ok now another ? if I use say a #8 contour lilja, would the lil bit of taper affect anything as far as the bedding block or do I need a straight shank (?) where the block sits? guys don't know how the heck dave done this, just thinkin about it is alot of work for this dumb country boy!
JS

James,i used a str barrel shank where the block is.just makes life easier.you can set the barrel back later on if necessary and the fit will be the same. a custom profile barrel is pretty much a sure thing for this setup.

NH, i really wanted to shoot the 300 SMK at 2800 or better and with the stainless 700 action, this was about as big a case as i could go.also with the 300RUM case you have the option of better brass to try.

Dave that is a fantastic creation of wood and steel. Congrats on your new toy. How is your cheek weld? Do you place your cheek directly over the bolt? In the case of a catostrophic doesn't the rem 700 blow gas downward out the magazine or am I mistaken? Either way I'm sure it's extremely safe I was just curious and jealous /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Slop, when i shoot my cheek is basically resting on the rear portion of the receiver and the cheek piece on the stock.

the gas release is on the front portion of the receiver, on the middle of the right side.

338-300

Very nice indeed. Hope my new 338-300 performs as well.
Did you make that elk hunt with it, is that another post I missed.
Phil

Phil, thanks, i'd be very surprised if your gun didn't shoot very good. i can't think of anyone that has one of these cartridges and doesn't get steller performance with it.

didn't get drawn for elk yet. it seems my chances are VERY good this year though. my friend in Wyoming found 2 sets of B & C sheds last spring and 2 singles that were 390+. like i said, please let me draw, please let me draw!

Dave,

The Wyoming Tourism Commission in coordination with the F&G spread several of those around every winter. They come from an Elk Farm in Idaho.:D:D:D:D

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.