338 250gr Lapua Scenars on Big Game

dakor

I worked up a sweet load with my 338 RUM pushing the 250gr Lapua Scenars at 3000fps with a ES7 and a SD4. This load shoots 1/2MOA and I am wondering if anyone has used this Bullet On Big Game and what were the results? I am looking at Deer and Elk size critters and I want something that can drive deep to hit the boiler room at different angles if needed.

use the search feature of this site.

Search for "goodgrouper" "secnar" until you find the thread where he did expansion test.

Long and short of it is that your bullets however accurate are definitely not game taking bullets. Very limited expansion.......

No grains of salt needed regarding GG's information regarding this topic.

I did find the post but thank you for posting the link. I do have a 225 Accubond load and 300 SMK load worked up and some 250 Accubonds on the way. I will have to choose one of those I guess. The 250 Lapua would make a good yote bullet from what it looks like.

i did an expantion test on a muley doe 2 years back with the 300 grainer...no doubt, accurate as heck, but won't open up. mine made a .338 hole straight through both hips(yea, bad wind call).
tom

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.