325 WSM????

hshunter

Anyone have one of these in a LRP? Question for Kirby, would loading data be close to the 338 WSM loading data?
hshunter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I have not worked with this chambering in the XP but it would be a very good one. The 338 can produce some very impressive velocity numbers but to get the BC up where it should be you need to use some pretty heavy bullets.

The 300 version has better BC bullets but these are longer and tend to pull down top velocity potential.

The 325 WSM may be the best of both worlds, especially now with the new tipped bullets on the market.

Load data would be similiar to 338 WSM loads with same bullet weights but not exact for sure. Powders of similiar burn rates should be appropriate in both.

I think of the WSMs out there this may be the best big game hammer for shooting out to 600 yards or so.

Kirby Allen(50)

Thanks Kirby, I have one coming from HS (2000P), It should be here middle of Feb. I will keep everyone posted as to how it shoots.
nmhunter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I recently asked Winchester if they had plans to make any of their new XP3 bullets for the .325WSM, and surprisingly, they said they have no plans for it in 2007. It would seem to me that it would be a great bullet for that carttridge, but then again my way of thinking could be why I was recently turned down for a marketing job with Remington. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts