325 WSM loads with Reloader 17 (LOOKING)

Havingfun

Looking for load data using the new Reloader 17 Powder for the 325 WSM. Bullets being loaded are 200g. Nosler Accubonds and Barnes 180g. TSX.

I can't find diddly squat (technical term) for load data. The Alliant page says that the burn rate for the Reloader 17 is comparable to IMR 4350. Does that mean I should use that data as my guide?? None of the bullet manufactures seem to list this powder but I have heard it was develped specifically for the short mags.
Would appreciate any assistance. Havingfun

Have you looked on the Alliant Web site?

I just looked and they have loads for a 150 Sp, 170 Sp, and a 200 grains Sp. all Speer bullets. Even though these are not the exact same bullets that you are going to use you could use this data as a starting point.

Shortmagman,

Thanks. I did in fact see the Alliant information for the three cited bullets. Was hoping to locate some data for the bullets I mentioned. I am always reluctant to apply the loads for a given bullet to another. I am just experienced enough to know that I don't trust myself to accuarately detect all the warning signs of having gone too far and of course, maximum performance is the ultimate goal here. I keep hearing such good things about this powder. Hope someone has some actual data. Thanks again.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts