325 WSM loads with Reloader 17 (LOOKING)

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Havingfun, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Havingfun

Havingfun Well-Known Member

Looking for load data using the new Reloader 17 Powder for the 325 WSM. Bullets being loaded are 200g. Nosler Accubonds and Barnes 180g. TSX.

I can't find diddly squat (technical term) for load data. The Alliant page says that the burn rate for the Reloader 17 is comparable to IMR 4350. Does that mean I should use that data as my guide?? None of the bullet manufactures seem to list this powder but I have heard it was develped specifically for the short mags.
    Would appreciate any assistance. Havingfun

2. Shortmagman

Shortmagman Well-Known Member

Have you looked on the Alliant Web site?

I just looked and they have loads for a 150 Sp, 170 Sp, and a 200 grains Sp. all Speer bullets. Even though these are not the exact same bullets that you are going to use you could use this data as a starting point.

3. Havingfun

Havingfun Well-Known Member

Shortmagman,

Thanks. I did in fact see the Alliant information for the three cited bullets. Was hoping to locate some data for the bullets I mentioned. I am always reluctant to apply the loads for a given bullet to another. I am just experienced enough to know that I don't trust myself to accuarately detect all the warning signs of having gone too far and of course, maximum performance is the ultimate goal here. I keep hearing such good things about this powder. Hope someone has some actual data. Thanks again.