.325 wsm at 1000yds?

thanx a lot for the advice. i appreciate it. Is the ballistics coefficient calculated with the length and the diameter of the bullet or is it something more like the density of the bullet mass/volume. i'm not opposed to trying different calibers. like i said, i'm starting from scratch. only reason i ask is beause i don't know. maybe i guess i'm asking is, the smaller the bullet the less effect the wind drift/wind resistance has on the theoretical flight of the bullet?

Take this for what it is worth. My 325WSM loaded with the 220gr Sierra can be pushed to 2660fps without any problem. I think IMR4007 should be able to push it faster (according to the books anyways). With that load it is a consistant 0.5moa performer and the drops are almost the exact same as my .308, but hit with a bit more pop. Currently it has a Leupold scope with the LR duplex reticle and with a 200 zero the aiming points are almost bang on out to 500 yards.

Although it definately doesnt have the energy as my .338 Lapua or the trajectory it still gets the job done and it is perfect in the set-up I have. It also does very little meat damage on close range shots. The rifle is a light weight sporter that I pack with, still hunt with and am comfortable with out to about 600yards on pretty much anything walking on hooves.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.