320 yd Bunny kill.

robbobsam

I know its not a 2000yd specimen deer or moose, but in England a 320yd bunny kill is something a little special.

I am new to long range rifle shooting and I am just getting used to my Tikka T3 Super Varmint with Nightforce NXS 5.5-22 x 56 and yesterday I took a bunny with a 320yd head shot.

Gotta be honest though, I wasn't aiming for its head, I was aiming dead center and the bullet hit a little high.

Thanks for all your help and advice guys, without your help I would still be at 100yds and struggling.

Nice shooting, did he go pop? The couple bunnies I have shot seem to um how do you say it? Explode lol

The one I got at 260yds did explode and make a real mess, guts everywhere. The headshot didnt though. The bullet entered in the left side of the neck and exited just under the chin with a small exit wound.

Strange really seeing as I was using a 75grain Norma Bullet with a Hornady V-Max head.

Nice shooting, hitting a bunny at 320 ain't nothing to make light of. It's a small target and a pretty healthy distance.

Good shot! My daughter loved it the first time she saw a bunny pop. Friend shot one with a .204 and she liked it so much she took its picture. She was 10.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.