320 yd Bunny kill.

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by robbobsam, Jun 25, 2010.

1. robbobsam

robbobsam Well-Known Member

I know its not a 2000yd specimen deer or moose, but in England a 320yd bunny kill is something a little special.

I am new to long range rifle shooting and I am just getting used to my Tikka T3 Super Varmint with Nightforce NXS 5.5-22 x 56 and yesterday I took a bunny with a 320yd head shot.

Gotta be honest though, I wasn't aiming for its head, I was aiming dead center and the bullet hit a little high.

Thanks for all your help and advice guys, without your help I would still be at 100yds and struggling.

2. midwesthunter

midwesthunter Well-Known Member

Nice shooting, did he go pop? The couple bunnies I have shot seem to um how do you say it? Explode lol

3. robbobsam

robbobsam Well-Known Member

The one I got at 260yds did explode and make a real mess, guts everywhere. The headshot didnt though. The bullet entered in the left side of the neck and exited just under the chin with a small exit wound.

Strange really seeing as I was using a 75grain Norma Bullet with a Hornady V-Max head.

4. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

Nice shooting, hitting a bunny at 320 ain't nothing to make light of. It's a small target and a pretty healthy distance.

5. ralfus

ralfus Active Member

Good shot! My daughter loved it the first time she saw a bunny pop. Friend shot one with a .204 and she liked it so much she took its picture. She was 10.

6. Slopeshunter

Slopeshunter Well-Known Member

Good shooting, gotta agree with Chas1!