"308nate" is the man(pics added)

nddodd

I'm not knocking any of the other gunsmiths on here since I've never owned any of the other smiths on here's work. Mr Nathan Dagley makes one hell of a rifle. I recently purchased "blipelt" 7wsm out of the classified section which Nate built. It is truely a work of art it's hard to explain how impressive it is, the action is a phoenix action and it actually feels like it's a stick of butter sliding back and forth and when you chamber the bolt up and down you don't feel a thing it's hard to believe something can be that smooth. I haven't got a chance to shoot it yet but as soon as I do I'll post some pics. I'm gonna try out the 180smks and I've got some 180 jlk's coming. I can't wait.

Any way sorry for ranting, Nate you make a awesome rig.

Nathan Dodd

Last edited:
Re: "308nate" is the man

I agree 100%! Nate is a great smith and a great guy to do business with. I have a few of his rifles now and would not hesitate to do business with him again!

Re: "308nate" is the man

Finally got a chance to get out and shoot for a few minutes today. I hate shooting at a 100yds because it has a habit of getting your hopes up, but that's all I had time for today. I was going to try out the new 180 smk's and to say the least I was very pleased. I tried three different primer combos the first I tried were fed 215 match, 2nd standard fed 215, and last was cci lrge mag. All three primers were used with, win brass and 66.2 gr of h-1000.

Here's a pic of the gun, now don't make fun of my high dollar shooting bench and chair....ha

1297551634.jpg

Here is a pic of the group with the fed 215 match primers it was by far the best. The speeds of these three shots were very good too. 1st 3064, 2nd 3056, and 3rd was 3065. .581 - .284= .297 maybe I can shoot at 250yds tomorrow and see if they still hold a tight group.

1297551492.jpg

Last edited:
Nathan I suppose you don't want to sell it?:D Just kidding, the suppressor is in now just waiting for the paperwork and Nate to finish up the other 7mm. Great shooting

Brent

Nathan I suppose you don't want to sell it?:D Just kidding, the suppressor is in now just waiting for the paperwork and Nate to finish up the other 7mm. Great shooting

Brent

Sounds awesome Brent I can't wait to see some pics, and range reports. If you don't mind pm me some info on the supressor. If possible I'd like to have one someday.

Nathan

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.