.308 Reciever.

kc

I got my dirty little fingers on a nice action have not told my wife yet$150.00 its in need of some work starting with a good soda blast and some wet polishing the bolt will have a new handle real soon.the barrel was a smaller one the origenal stock was burned from a house fire.
I am planing to purchase a new barrel..what make should I start with..I have the tools, the barrel has been removed.
Its a Remington 700..not to bad actualy its in prety good shape.
I am building a tactical rifle for 500 yards.

can't say enuf good things about BERGARRA drop in's. have built several rem 700's using the S.S. varmint contour, the last a 22-250, this thing shoots 1/4" 10 shoot groups !

No damage to the reciever grease never got hot the bluing is still just fine. trigger is fine it passed all inspections. Back of the stock was exposed to fire riflr was horisonal in the ceiling. over top of heating ducts the case was burned half way by the time fire trucks came.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.