.308 Range report

50.5 will give you maximum compaction when you seat the bullet. I can't use that much due to my match chamber. Next time I get it reamed it will be a SAMMI spec chamber. Turning my necks on a new set of brass every time sucks!

Tank

Last edited:
50.5 will give you maximum compaction when you seat the bullet. I can't use that much due to my match chamber. Next time I get it reamed it will be a SAMMI spec chamber. Turning my necks on a new set of brass every time I get new brass sucks!

Tank

yea it is a compressed load, not as much as when i was trying to shoot the 208s but it is still compressed a little.

Got back from the range testing my load with 47 gr RE-17 at 300 yards I had 1.112" 3 shot group, I also tried RE-15 just 42 gr of it, that shot was 7.5" bellow RE-17 but it grouped 0.332" amazing 0.1MOA

Got back from the range testing my load with 47 gr RE-17 at 300 yards I had 1.112" 3 shot group, I also tried RE-15 just 42 gr of it, that shot was 7.5" bellow RE-17 but it grouped 0.332" amazing 0.1MOA

Was that with 175gr SMK?

Yes 175 gr SMK green box, I also trimmed meplat on them, so they all had uniformed length of 1.225" Also using Lapua brass and Federal GM210M primers

Last edited:
Maybe I just got lucky, and that's 3 shot group, I need to retest it see if I can repeat this again.

I guess I will have to start my own thread, feels like I'm hijacking this one... Sorry sniperjwt, nice shooting

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.