308 Loads

I'm using 43 Gr 4064 with a CCI BR primer in a DPMS heavy barrel and getting groups in the 3's and a very low SD, I found this load on a benchrest web site and I can't remember where. It's tough to get old my rememberer doesn't work like it used to. As always start lower and work up to this.

Don't you beleive it. I shoot it well past 600 regularly with good results. Nothing wrong with the 178 if you've got a load built for it. It's all in what your particular rife likes best.

Don't you beleive it. I shoot it well past 600 regularly with good results. Nothing wrong with the 178 if you've got a load built for it. It's all in what your particular rife likes best.

I have some 8208XBR. I don't think I ever seen any load data for 308. I don't imagine it fills the case very full. How many grains did you start with? I did buy a box of 175 Matchkings, gonna give them a try also.

I believe I started out at around 40. I have been using 8208 XBR in 22-250, 204 and 308. I really like it in all three.

Whatever load-bullet you deceide on, I wish you the best of luck with it and I hope it's as accurate as you want it to be

For ground hogs in the 308 win I use 46 grs IMR 4895 and a Speer 125 TNT. Pretty flat shooting and really accurate and has a HIGH splat factor.

For groundhogs the 110gr bullets are hard to beat. You can run them pretty darn fast and they are brutal on target.

My 10 twist Savage liked the Hornady V-Maxes at something like 3200fps if I recall correctly.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.