308 Hunting Performance w/Accubonds

kwanjangnihm

Forum,
I know most of the information on the 308 revolves around match ammo and such in the 150-175 grain area, but I'm looking for some insight on heavier loads such as the 180 & 200 gr Accubonds. Does anyone use either of these two bullets in a 308 and what kind velocity could be expected from each? Is the 200 gr with the higher BC a better choice for LRH? After seeing some nice results with the Accubond on this forum, especially goodgrouper's 820 yard shot, I really want to give them a go!! Thanks for your input.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I haven't killed anything with the 180 accubonds out of my 308, but I do have them loaded. They are running at just a touch over 2700fps. Should kill deer easily. I don't think the 308 has can shoot the 200 gr with enough velocity to reach out. They also make a 150 accubond now, so if your gun doesn't like the 180, it may be worth a try.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts