308 bullet, in 300 win mag Does this look right?? PICS Take a look please

A 300WM will not necessarily be inaccurate with lighter bullets, I see no reason for that to be the case. It will simple be faster, and beyond the design parameters of many bullets at closer ranges. And inefficient.

I do have a load for the 110gr V-Max for mine, don't recall the velocity offhand but it's somewhere around 3900 fps. It pretty much vaporizes anything it hits. Milk jugs are a hoot. I just don't shoot too many because I'm sure they do several times the barrel wear as normal loads. These loads are every bit as accurate as my long range hunting loads, which did surprise me.

No it doesn't look right. It looks like a 150 gr. flat nose bullet for a .30-.30. I don't know for sure but that's what I'm thinking that it is.

I can't say that it won't shoot in your rifle but I can say that I wouldn't use them in anything but a .30-30 if that's what they are. Especially not a .300 Win Mag.

I beg to differ, they are perfectly fine! They may not be the optimal ballistic shape for your cartridge, but they WILL shoot FINE and "may" be amazingly accurate. You'll just have to find out... I knew somebody who shot flat-tipped bullets out of his .308 Win, because he claimed it had more "knockdown power". They shot pretty good too, except they did drop more than a spitzer type bullet.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.