308 and Horn 208 amax questions

Wanting to try a higher bc bullet for my 308, have used search function but have not located my specific question.

Has anyone tested these at rem 700 mag lengths 2.800 to oh say 2.830 or so, preferably with varget but any testing results would be most appreciated, and with a 12 twist, I live in FL so I'm close to sea level but its hot most of the time and high humidity which helps us get by with a little slower twists than some.

Just wondering if 2500 fps is too much to look for at sane pressures, I know there will be a lot of bullet in the case @ 2.800 but I do so hate to single load. Thanks Joey S aka 308

There is a great deal of information on snipershide on the 208gr being shot out of a 20" barrel
with RL-17 by a man that calls himself "Montana Marine" Have followed some of his work and the man knows his stuff and you can contact him there as well.....Luck

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.