300WSM - RL16 - 190-200 grain

Muddyboots

Tried RL26 with Speer 190 Impact and pretty much compressed load but shot decent, 200 AB and 200 ELDX also shot OK with RL26 but really wasn't the performance expected. Since I am home like everyone else, I tried RL16 with same bullets. Granted I am limited in total range but I can at least run them through chrono just to see if anything has promise. Very interesting, matched velocity of RL26 with less powder in all three bullets. In fact, the 190 Speer was a bit faster with RL16 with less powder. So loaded up various (initial loads were 0.020) CBTO loads and hope to try as soon as I can. Just got a 8# jug of RL16 so this may be perfect timing for me with new Preferred Barrel on the 300WSM.

But I was curious if anyone else has tried RL16 with heavier bullets in the 300WSM with same results? If so, how did it shoot downrange?

It's a great powder for the 300 wsm. Buddy shoots 168 classic hunters and it's working out good.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.