.300WSM Recipe's???

300WSM in Equipment Reviews Pics???

Hi Guys,

Ok, I finally got around to writing an official report on my new rifle, but can't post pics. I notice at the bottom of the page, under "posting rules", it says, "may not post attachments". What gives?

How do you post pics? I did a search for instructions, but came up empty.

My write up is kind of worthless without the pics.

Help If you know what to do.

Thanks in advance,
Vic

Hey Sam,

Just noticed your post. Wow, great group you have there! Is that consistent?

Makes me want to run to the store and get some of that IMR4007.

Can you tell us what kind of speed your getting from the 60gr load & one more thing, How did you post your picture?

Thanks,
Vic

How do you post pics? I did a search for instructions, but came up empty.
Vic
Step One
1) Start by uploading your picture to a web host for pictures (photobucket, cqbarms.com, others)
2) Next go to the picture you want to post in the forum.
3) Make sure it is full size
4) Right Click in the middle of the picture.
5) A menu will pop up, Left click on PROPERTIES.
6) Another menu will pop up.
7) Highlight the Address: URL: should look similar to this: http://cqbarms.com/photos/albums/use...5/222AIrem.jpg
8) Right click on the highlight
9) A menu will pop up and Left click on COPY.
10) Close this window (menu) by clicking on X in upper right hand corner.

Step Two
Now go to the Forum and thread that you want to post your picture to.

1) Click on REPLY or NEW THREAD or where ever you are posting the message.
2) Put your cursor in the message window where you want the picture to appear.
3) Now look for the IMAGE command, may be an icon or the word.
(In this forum I don't see the image icon so just paste the line in the message and add
at the end)
4) Left click and choose PASTE from the menu.

Now you will see something similar to this in your message box.
[imge]http://cqbarms.com/photos/albums/userpics/10025/222AIrem.jpg[/imge]

Special Note:
Here is an easy way to resize your pictures using Microsoft's "Imageresizer" It a small program and easily downloaded. Only works with Windows XP.

Scroll down to Image Resizer.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

The instructions on how to use are a little vague.

Once you have downloaded the program and installed it on your computer.

(Don't forget to install the program after it is downloaded by clicking on the file that was downloaded)

1)Go to the folder that you have your picture stored.

2)Right click on the picture.

3)From the drop down menu click on "Resize Picture"

4)Choose the size (suggest 640X480 but 800X600 is okay but a larger file size)

Last edited:
Hey Sam,

Just noticed your post. Wow, great group you have there! Is that consistent?

Can you tell us what kind of speed your getting from the 60gr load
Thanks,
Vic
Vic,
My first 3 shots with 57 grains were touching and as I progressed they stayed that way, the pix is of the final 60 grain loads.

I didn't have time to chrony the loads because I start my load development looking for accuracy and worry about velocity later. I load at the range range so I can vary my loads as I test. I load 6 rounds and shoot 3 with each rifle, while the barrels are cooling I load 6 more of the next charge and so on.

The Hodgdon website says the maximum load is 59.8 grains using WLRM primers at 2927 fps out of a 24" barrel. I have found the loading manuals to be close to my chrony on velocity. One rifle is 25.5" and the other is 23.5" so I would guess that I am in the 2950-3000 fps. The 2" longer barrel usually only gives me about 50fps faster velocities.

I didn't see any high pressure signs at the 60 grain load (heavy bolt/case head scowering) so in the future I might shoot it over the chrony and push the load up a little??
VDSCGrounds.jpg

Hi Sam,

Thank's a million for the detailed instruction on how to post pics.

I posted my .300WSM Report and pics under the "Equipment Reviews" section.

By the way, that is a beautiful range you have there!

Thanks again,
Kind regards,
Vic

Just came in from the range w/ my Tikka 300WSM. 180 Accubonds, CCI 250 primers, H4350 64 grains 200 yards .72" c to c on 4 rounds and one flier expanding the group out to 1.75", could have been a flinch or possibly not. This could be a fluke, and I need to do more testing, but H 4350 shows promise. My crono wasn't working in the sun, but It should be a little over 2900 fps. No pressure signs yet so I will do more testing this weekend.
Mark

I'm going to add my 2 cents, for what it's worth. I don't load the 300 WSM but I do load the 30-06 Ackley and the case capacities are somewhat similar, I believe. The MRP is akin to Rel 22. I load Rel 25 and the Nosler 180 BT/AB to 68.5 gr, Win cases, Fed 210M primers, .015" off the lands for 3000 fps in my 26" Lilja barrel. Total rifle weight w/ Leupold Mk4, 4.5-14x50 w/ TMR reticle is 7.6 lbs. I keep 3-shots w/in .5 to .75". I have no problems hitting a 10" LV steel plate at 600 yds. The load is at least 2 gr under my rifles max which can hit 3100 fps when I want it to but 3000 is fine w/ me.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.