.300wm........ What would you do?

as far as killing ability yes i recommend the partition over the accubond.
Respectfully curious as to what you've seen with these two bullets. I had good experiences with the partition, but currently lean towards the Accubond. In identical calibers and bullet weights the Partition "seems" to penetrate farther, but the Accubond "seems" to expand better. In the group of folks I shoot with, I've yet to see the Partition come out on top accuracy wise. I would say in light for caliber (180 .308, and 225 vs 210) the Partition is more likely to pass through which is important to me.
Again not knocking the Partition just hoping you'll expand your answer a bit to add your experience to mine.
Nice Antelope by the way, burned my Wyoming points last year so I'm waiting.

as far as killing ability yes i recommend the partition over the accubond.
Respectfully curious as to what you've seen with these two bullets. I had good experiences with the partition, but currently lean towards the Accubond. In identical calibers and bullet weights the Partition "seems" to penetrate farther, but the Accubond "seems" to expand better. In the group of folks I shoot with, I've yet to see the Partition come out on top accuracy wise. I would say in light for caliber (180 .308, and 225 vs 210) the Partition is more likely to pass through which is important to me.
Again not knocking the Partition just hoping you'll expand your answer a bit to add your experience to mine.
Nice Antelope by the way, burned my Wyoming points last year so I'm waiting.

I actually talked to Nosler about this on face book because I would like to see a partition added to the accubond but thats kind of a different subject. What I mean when I say I believe the killing ability of the partition is superior (only slightly though) I have had a couple of accubonds seperate lead from jacket on animals. 2 mule deer and an elk. although the bullet still performed and killed the animal. on all 3 occations they were square on shoulder shots the deer were relatively close 200-300 yards with a 110 accubond out of my 25-06 the lead passed on through and the jacket was still in the deer. same thing on the elk with a 200gr out of a 300 rum at 500 yards. My experience with both accubond and partition is fairly broad. I have shot a lot (10-15)of elk with 160 partitions out of a 7mm and never once did I find evidence that it didnt perform and it always seems to hammer them dead. Basically I really like the insurance that the partition of copper offers and I think its basically a design that almost cant fail. Both the accubond and partition offer great accuracy and excellent consistency from bullet to bullet. I actually shoot more accubonds than anything else because I like the plastic tip and the better boat tail. and have never felt like I couldnt count on them....I just happened to see them come apart a few times.. but if I were after a straight out get the job done no questions asked I would pick the partition. does that clear up my point of view?

Got it! We're on pretty close to the same page. 2006 we did a Grizzly, Mt Goat combo in BC. My partner for Grizzly, me for Mt Goat. We loaded his 338-300 RUM with 275 Swift A-Frames. Given the 200 yard broadside shot he made, his usual 250 Accubond would have sufficed, but looking at the claws, unhealed wounds and scars on that old, 8.5', Boone and Crockett, tenacious warrior, I understand the extra confidence you have in a Partition style bullet if your betting the bank, or your butt on the outcome.
Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.