300WM vs 300 RUM sendero

MtMuley, I think thats what I am gonna do. Also when I have kirby build it it will be an AM. (Just have to decide which one. I was leaning toward the 270am cause I am a fan of that round. But I will let Kirby tell me which one I should build.) The only reason I was thinking RUM or Wm was as a factory option. As it appears to me in order to get any rifle to shoot your gonna have to semi custom it.

I have a Browning a-bolt 270wsm that shoots .5 moa 5 shot groups at 100yds so I am really looking for something to out perform that!

I've had the opportunity to fire several of his rifles. Still have a grin on my face. Kirby will make you very happy. Keep us tuned in to cartridge choice. mtmuley

Hi,
I have the Sendero in 300 RUM. I have a vortex pst 6-24x50 on it and also a Sako TRG brake. It is a pleasure to shoot at the range, recoil could be likened to that of a Rem 700 in bolt. I am sure the guys next to me at the range aren't to pleased that i can sit there all day and deafen them.
As far as accuracy goes, its quite impressive. I'm not new to shooting but precision shooting is something new to me. The only faults i can find is the feeding and trigger.
My rifle would not cycle the last round (it would get jammed). it was an easy fix though, i threw in a spare mag feed plate (if that's what its called) out of a Mauser 98and it cycled smoother then my friends 308 rem 700.
As for the trigger, its just heavier then i would like.
All said and done I can shoot a group of 3 easily under an inch and 100m's and at the inlaws have no trouble landing on A4 at 500m's.
Anywho I love the rifle, and it easily performs better than I could ever take full advantage of.

Attachments

• IMG_3821[1].jpg
    IMG_3821[1].jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3562[1].jpg
    IMG_3562[1].jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 98
My Sendero RUM shoots well under MOA. In fact, the last, and best, 5 shot group at 100 was .385 with RL-25 and 180gr Sciroccos.

My vote is for the RUM. I was in the same boat deciding what to do. Here is a link of a thread that I started. The final update is at the bottom of page 8 but feel free to read the whole thread to get an idea of what I was thinking and see others opinions. Hope this helps!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.