300WM problems

dieselboy427

I am having some big issues with some FC brass. I bought it once fired from the classifieds on here. I tumbled, deprimed, chamfered, lubed and am trying to FL size before i trim. I'm using Redding dies and Hornady spray lube. I have ran probably 200 rounds through these dies and with the expander out, they look polished well inside. My loading area is about 70 degrees inside so lube temp isn't an issue i believe. The cases are sticking in the die and with VERY little effort, shears the case heads off. I removed the expander and tried again. FL 5 cases and the 6th stuck TIGHT but with the expander out, it drove right out. I put a brass brush through the die and some solvent and brake clean after the first couple problems. Apparently that didnt work either. This is getting expensive and i want it fixed on the FC brass so I don't ruin my RWS stuff.

Thanks in advance

needs more cowbell....er. real lube like a rcbs pad and caselube. The other rifle was probably a bit bigger chambered than yours. You will have to knock them down to fit your dies and pipe.

I was figuring you'd say that. I already re-tumbled the brass to get that **** off and as a matter of fact, i have a brand new RCBS pad ready to fo. Just applied the first lube to it this mornin

yup, ditch the one shot lube. Its fine for lighter sizing jobs but youll do much better with a real case lube or better yet imperial sizing wax or anhydrous lanolin

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.